JC Whitney Pay It Forward Sweepstakes 2018
Rancho Suspension Lift/Level Kit
with MSRP not to exceed $2,500
Crown Automotive Jeep Accessory Kit
with MSRP not to exceed $1,500
Curt Group Exterior Accessory Package
with MSRP not to exceed $1,500
Powerstop 4 Wheel Brake Kit
with MSRP not to exceed $600
Edge/Superchips Performance Kit
with MSRP not to exceed $1,250
The GRAND PRIZE WINNER will win (1) custom 2017 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 truck with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $32,500 plus a trip for two to Las Vegas Nevada where the Grand Prize will be awarded! Please see official rules for details.
3 – 4
UNLIMITED OFF ROAD EXPO
Event Report and Pictures
TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY, TX
29 – 30
EASTER JEEP SAFARI
Event Report and Pictures
JC WHITNEY CAR SHOW
Event Report and Pictures
17 – 19
Event Report and Pictures
CRYSTAL BEACH, TX
1 – 3
LOUISVILLE EPIC RIVERFRONT SHOW
Event Report and Pictures
21 – 22
ALL BREEDS JEEP SHOW
Event Report and Pictures
23 – 26
OCEAN CITY JEEP WEEK
Event Report and Pictures
OCEAN CITY, MD
- OCTOBER – NOVEMBER
31 – 3
SEMA / SEMA IGNITED
Event Report and Pictures
LAS VEGAS, NV
1 – 2
Event Report and Pictures
JC WHITNEY PAY IT FORWARD SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS DESCRIBED BELOW.
The JC Whitney Pay It Forward 2018 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. (and its subsidiary Whitney Automotive Group, Inc.), 16941 Keegan Ave., Carson, CA 90746 (“Sponsor”).
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on March 19, 2018 at 10:00 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on August 31, 2018, at 5:00 P.M. PT (“Sweepstakes Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. The Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry, possess a valid driver’s license, and are either an active duty or veteran of any one of the United States military branches (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy and National Guard) or are a current or retired federal, state, or local law enforcement agent, firefighter or emergency responder from the public sector. The Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and dealerships as well as any other companies/consultants involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes are collectively referred to herein as the Sweepstakes entities (“Sweepstakes Entities”). Employees of the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, an individual who meets the eligibility requirements and enters the Sweepstakes (individually “Entrant” and collectively “Entrants”) agrees to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and agrees that the decisions of the Sponsor and the Sponsor’s agents shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, an Entrant must visit blog.jcwhitney.com (“Page”) and follow the on-screen instructions to register for the Sweepstakes by providing all of the requested information on the registration form, which includes (but is not limited to): Entrant’s name, email address, and mailing address.
Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry (“Entry”) per person. Entrants attempting to use multiple accounts or identities may be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sweepstakes entries received from any individual in excess of the stated limitation will be void.
Social Media: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant understands that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ (or any other social media site) and that the Entrant is providing his or her information to Sponsor and its designees only. Further, Entrant specifically agrees to release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google+ from any and all liability associated with this Sweepstakes.
3. MONTHLY DRAWINGS:
There will be five (5) separate monthly drawings (“Drawings”). Each month, entry for the Drawing will close at 5:00 pm PT on the dates indicated below. The individual entry periods for each Drawing are as follows (each, an “Entry Period”):
Drawing 1: March 19, 2018, 10:00 am PT – April 30, 2018, 5:00 pm PT
Drawing 2: March 19, 2018, 10:00 am PT – May 31, 2018, 5:00 pm PT
Drawing 3: March 19, 2018, 10:00 am PT – June 30, 2018, 5:00 pm PT
Drawing 4: March 19, 2018, 10:00 am PT – July 31, 2018, 5:00 pm PT
Drawing 5: March 19, 2018, 10:00 am PT – August 31, 2018, 5:00 pm PT
You must submit an Entry in the Entry Period to become an eligible Entrant for a Prize. Each Entry Period expires when the Entry Period closes. If the Entry is selected as a Potential Winner for a Drawing, the Entry is no longer valid for subsequent Drawings. For example, if you submit an Entry during Drawing 1 (March 19, 2018, 10:00 am PT to April 30, 2018 5:00 pm PT) you will be eligible to win a Prize for Drawing 1, Drawing 2, Drawing 3, Drawing 4, or Drawing 5, however, it you are selected as a Potential Winner for Drawing 1 you will not be eligible to win the Drawing 2 – Drawing 5 Prizes.
An independent sweepstakes administration organization (whose decisions are final and binding) will select the potential winners for the five (5) random drawings from all eligible Entries received (each, a “Potential Winner”) in accordance with the following schedule:
Drawing 1: Drawing to take place on or about May 1, 2018.
Drawing 2: Drawing to take place on or about June 1, 2018.
Drawing 3: Drawing to take place on or about July 2, 2018.
Drawing 4: Drawing to take place on or about August 1, 2018.
Drawing 5 (Grand Prize): Drawing to take place on or about September 3, 2018.
If your Entry is drawn, you will be deemed the Potential Winner of the applicable above-listed Prize, pending confirmation and/or verification of your eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one Prize per Entrant.
4. PRIZES, MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
The following prizes (each a “Prize”) will be awarded.
a. Drawing 1: A total of one (1) winner (“Winner”) will win a Rancho Suspension Lift/Level Kit with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) not to exceed: $2,500.
b. Drawing 2: A total of one (1) Winner will win a Crown Automotive Jeep Accessory Kit with an ARV not to exceed: $1,500.
c. Drawing 3: A total of one (1) Winner will win a Curt Group Exterior Accessory Package with an ARV not to exceed: $1,500.
d. Drawing 4: A total of one (1) Winner will win a Powerstop 4 Wheel Brake Kit with an ARV not to exceed: $600 and an Edge/Superchips Performance Kit with an ARV not to exceed: $1,250
e. Drawing 5: A total of one (1) Winner will win the Grand Prize consisting of the following (the “Grand Prize”):
i) The JC Whitney Adventure 2018 (1) custom 2017 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 truck with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $32,500 (the “Prize Vehicle”). Vehicle modifications will include aftermarket parts selected from the following list: Rancho Suspension Lift Kit, Method wheels and BFGoodrich Tires, EGR fender flares and aerodynamics, Powerstop Z36 4 wheel brake kit, GoRhino Bumpers and Sport Bar, Aries step bars, UWS tool box, Covercraft Seat Covers, DiabloSport performance monitor, Edge cold air intake, Lit led lighting, and custom graphics. The Grand Prize winner can choose one (1) of the following options for delivery of the Prize Vehicle to the grand-prize winner’s residence in one of the 50 U.S. or DC (no other delivery option will be available):
A) Via open transport (subject to the delivery schedule of the applicable transport company). As an example: open transportation costs to ship Prize Vehicle cross country is approximately $2,500 (actual open transportation cost may be more or less depending on the applicable end destination), or
B) A stipend of $0.50 per mile (“Driving allowance”) for the grand-prize winner to drive the Prize Vehicle home to his/her U.S. residence (the Driving Allowance will be an approximate mileage calculation, calculated from the outskirts of Las Vegas, NV to the outskirts of the grand-prize winner’s home town/city).
ii) A one way or round trip (if open transport delivery is selected) for two to Las Vegas Nevada, the location of the Grand Prize Award Event with coach class airfare from a major gateway airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s home to Las Vegas McCarran airport (airfare will not be awarded if the Potential Winner of the Grand Prize resides within 300 miles of the Grand Prize Award Event),
iii) Two-night’s lodging near the Grand Prize Award Event, and
iv) $250 spending cash.
All details regarding the Grand Prize (including, but not limited to airline(s), flights, seats, room(s) and transportation company for Prize Vehicle delivery will be determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and may be changed at any time. The estimated ARV for the Grand Prize is $36,200 (actual ARV may be more or less depending on the applicable departure destination of the Potential Winner).
Not Included in Grand Prize: The Grand Prize does NOT include any of the following: baggage fees, ground transportation, parking fees, meals/food, in-flight beverages, entertainment, room service, wifi charges, phone charges, gratuities, incidentals and personal expenses.
Not Included in Any Prizes: Any expenses/costs associated with a Prize, its acceptance, use or enjoyment that are not listed in the Official Rules as included with a Prize are a Winner’s responsibility and will not be provided. A Sweepstakes prize is limited to only include those items specifically listed as being included with a prize in the Official Rules.
Responsibilities of Grand Prize Winner: The winner of the Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize Winner”) is responsible for medical insurance, liability insurance, and trip insurance, and all applicable taxes, including but not limited to: federal and state taxes, sales tax, luxury tax, destination charges, registration, title and license fees, insurance and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering, using and enjoying the Grand Prize.
Total Value of All Prizes and Odds: The total cumulative ARV of the all Prizes in the Sweepstakes is $43,550. The ARV of the Grand Prize is dependent upon the location of the Potential Winner. Each listed ARV of the other Prizes may vary when Prizes are awarded as values are dependent upon the make and model of each Potential Winner’s vehicle. The odds of winning a Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received.
General Prize Conditions: Limit one (1) Prize per person during the Sweepstakes. Visual Prize descriptions/graphics may not accurately represent an awarded Prize. Each Sweepstakes Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, and no substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any portion of a Prize not accepted by a Winner will be forfeited and not awarded unless otherwise determined by Sponsor. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines to take part in a Sweepstakes activity, Grand Prize Award Event, or to accept a Prize or does not properly redeem a Prize, the said Potential Winner may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion be disqualified, forfeit the applicable Prize and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries received (“Alternate Winner Selection”). A Prize can only be substituted, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, with a Prize of equal or greater value. At Sponsor’s discretion, unclaimed Prizes may not be awarded. No more than the stated number of Prizes in these Official Rules will be awarded (limit one Prize per person).
5. GRAND PRIZE WINNER AWARD EVENT:The Grand Prize Winner must attend the Grand Prize Award Event to be held in Las Vegas on November 1, 2018. All details regarding the Grand Prize Award Event (including but not limited to location/date/time) will be determined by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and may be changed at any time. In addition, subject to the sole discretion of the Sponsor, the Grand Prize Award Event will be performed in front of the general public. In order to be awarded the Grand Prize, a Potential Winner must agree to travel to the Grand Prize Award Event using the itinerary provided by the Sponsor, must agree to attend the Grand Prize Award Event (and then must actually attend) and must comply with the Sponsor’s directions during the Grand Prize Award Event (non compliance with directions will be determined solely by Sponsor) or a said Potential Winner may be disqualified and forfeit any unawarded portion of the Grand Prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected via random drawing and awarded the portion of the said Grand Prize that was not awarded.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Within about three (3) days of each random drawing, a Potential Winner will be sent an email notification at the email address provided when registering for the Sweepstakes with further instructions on how to claim his/her prize (“Prize Notification”).
Entrants Must Check Their Emails: Each Entrant is responsible for monitoring his or her email account to check for any Prize Notification or other email from the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of Entrants.
Winner Responsibilities: A Potential Winner will be notified by email (or other method at Sponsor’s discretion) and will be required to execute and return (as directed) the Prize Claim Documents (defined below) within a stated amount of time (“Deadline”). The following documents (individually a “Prize Claim Document” and collectively the “Prize Claim Documents”) will be required from a Potential Winner:
a. An Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release (and where imposing such a condition is legal), and a Publicity Release, and
b. other documents required from a Potential Winner at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
All the Prize Claim Documents will have the same Deadline date and must be returned to the Sponsor in one package/transmission by the Deadline date and as directed.
Disqualification: If any of the following events occur, a Potential Winner may be disqualified and forfeit a prize and at Sponsor’s sole discretion an Alternate Winner Selection may be performed:
a. A Prize Claim Document is not received by the Sponsor by the Deadline date (or if no Deadline date is stated, after a reasonable time);
b. A Prize Notification (or other communication to a Winner/Potential Winner) is returned as undeliverable, or is not responded to by the Deadline date (or if no Deadline date is stated, after a reasonable time), and/or;
c. A Potential Winner does not comply with these Official Rules.
Tax Responsibility: A WINNER WILL BE ISSUED A FORM 1099 FOR TAX PURPOSES IN THE AMOUNT OF THE ACTUAL ARV OF THE APPLICABLE PRIZE AND MUST SUBMIT HIS OR HER SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OR TAXPAYER ID NUMBER, AS REQUIRED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF A PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A WINNER.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents are collectively referred to herein as the released parties (“Released Parties”).
By Participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants Agree That:
a. The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable communications, email notifications, Prize Claim Documents or postal mail; or receipt of Prize Notifications; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Page/Usenet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration/entry information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information.
b. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Page users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Page or any Sweepstakes-related website(s).
c. The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to Sweepstakes participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize.
d. The Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device, for any entries in excess of the stated limit or for entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
Remedies: If, for any reason, an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an Entry in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to enter the Sweepstakes again to receive another Entry (if the Sweepstakes has closed, then the said Entrant shall have no other remedy apart from the possibility of entering a future sweepstakes of the Sponsor, with the understanding that there is no guarantee of any such future sweepstakes).
Unforeseen Events: If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of the winner(s) in a manner it deems fair and reasonable.
Laws and Regulations: Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
By Entering the Sweepstakes, Each Entrant Agrees:
a. to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws, and to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor (whose decisions shall be final and binding);
b. to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules;
c. to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and
d. to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with:
i) the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes;
ii) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights;
iii) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials;
iv) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Sweepstakes prize (or any component thereof);
v) any change in the Sweepstakes prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules;
vi) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes;
vii) human error;
viii) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of any Entry (including, without limitation, the registration information or any parts thereof);
ix) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Page or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an Entrant;
x) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Page or any other Sweepstakes-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems;
xi) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) equipment used to access the Sweepstakes and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes;
xii) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions;
xiii) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries;
xiv) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties;
xv) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed Sweepstakes prizing (or any element thereof); and/or
xvi) the negligence or willful misconduct by an Entrant.
Warranty: Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including the Page and a Sweepstakes prize, and/or prize component(s), are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement, or where applicable legality for use in a winner’s state, or compliance with emissions regulations. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant, by entering acknowledges that he/she waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Statute of Limitations: Entrants agree that the statute of limitations for asserting any claims shall be a period of one (1) year from the time a cause of action accrued, or the said cause of action shall be forever barred.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual and royalty-free right to use the applicable Entrant’s name, biographical information, photos, and/or likeness, videos and statements/blogs interviews, recordings, (and if declared a winner to use a winner’s address) for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. You also have the option of submitting videos or photographs in connection with your Entry. The submission of videos or photographs will have no bearing on the Drawings. By your submission of the video or photograph, you hereby grant the Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual and royalty-free right to use the video and/or photo for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law. If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the video or photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. Entrant agrees to indemnify Sponsor for its failure to comply with the foregoing. If any person appearing in any video or photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. Upon Sponsor’s request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of Sponsor’s request) a signed release from all persons who appear in any video or photograph.
Video and Photography requirements: If you would like to submit a photograph or video, it must be in digital format and should be a headshot or a standing profile. The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable. All digital files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 640 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 480 pixels tall (if a vertical image). Videos should show the entrant clearly and must be uploaded on YouTube, Instagram, or Vimeo.
11. WAIVER OF ANY CLAIMS, ETC.: By accepting a Sweepstakes prize, a Winner agrees to voluntarily waive, release and relinquish any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses, remedies, demands, debts, obligations, causes of action and/or claims for relief (collectively “Claims”) that a Winner may have against the Released Parties and agrees to discharge, to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from all Claims arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes and/or a Sweepstakes Prize, including but not limited to Claims for bodily injury, personal injury, emotional distress, property damage, or death and/or dismemberment (collectively “Damages”) occurring to a Winner or others. In addition, by accepting a Prize, a Winner agrees to be responsible to research the details about a Prize including any inherent dangers associated with a Prize and as a result agrees to accept personal responsibility for any such dangers and any resulting Damages.
12. GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple email addresses, multiple identities, multiple accounts, proxy servers or like methods, all of that Entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, and that Entrant will be ineligible to win a prize. Also, if it is discovered that any Entrant attempts to receive additional entries in excess of the stated limitation, that Entrant may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner, the winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the registration form associated with such Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes may void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, THE PAGE, OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All Sweepstakes entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
13. WINNERS’ LIST: To obtain information about the winners, interested individuals should place a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope in an envelope and mail it to: JC Whitney Pay It Forward Sweepstakes – Winners’ List Request, U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc., 16941 Keegan Ave., Carson, CA 90746. Winners’ list requests will only be accepted after September 3, 2018, and must be received by December 31, 2018.
Facebook and the Facebook Logo are registered trademarks of Facebook, Inc. Instagram and the Instagram Logo are registered trademarks of Instagram, Inc. Twitter and the Twitter Logo are registered trademarks of Twitter, Inc. YouTube and Google+ and their respective logos are registered trademarks of Google, Inc.
© 2018 U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Sponsor.