Gurney’s AAR at The Petersen
Motorspirit at the opening reception for the exhibit featuring Dan Gurney’s All American Racers cars, from F1, IndyCar, to GTP
Salon Retromobile/Paris 2016
Motorspirit in Paris for Retromobile: a combination of classic cars, automotive art, model cars, swap meet and more.
- The Petersen Automotive Museum just opened an exhibit of Dan Gurney’s All American Racers’ Eagles. FYI attached is a motor>spirit video from the Opening Reception last week. Exhibit is good to January 2018.
- Formula One has a new owner, Liberty Media; who made their money in cable TV. Be wary of any “good for the show” talk…there is a difference between “motorsports” and “a motor show.” Although new Managing Director Ross Brawn (formerly Mercedes, Brawn GP, Ferrari, Benetton F1) should be “good for the sport.”
- Congratulations to ISC/NASCAR/IMSA for a dramatic 24-Hours of Daytona finish and Ricky Taylor’s curious closing laps punt (without penalty) “incident” to victory lane. Maybe it helps to have friends in high places: Wayne Taylor Racing goes back to ISC’s Grand Am days; having NASCAR’s Jeff Gordon and the factory Cadillac DPi manager as teammates doesn’t hurt.
- Congratulations to Shea Adams, she is the best of the broadcast team.
- Next week is Retromobile in Paris, included is a personal video look from last year’s visit.
All the best.